Do you think its time to replace your old windows? We explain how to know when it's time to replace your existing windows and the beautiful, bespoke new timber windows we can provide.
How do you know it's time to replace your existing windows?
There are many reasons why you may want to replace your existing windows. You could check your existing windows and home for some of the following item in order to identify if now is the right time for you:
- Do you feel a draught coming into your home from around your windows?
- Has your energy usage been creeping up because you often feel cold in your home?
- Can you hear outside now coming through the windows?
- Is there any damage to the windows frames, sill or glazing?
- Do you have condensation on your windows?
- Is it difficult to open or close your windows?
- Is the appearance of your windows starting to look less than appealing?
If the answer to any of the above is yes it might be time to look at replacement your existing windows with brand new ones.
The benefits of replacing your existing windows
There are many benefits to replacing your windows with brand new ones:
- Energy Efficiency - Replacing old, drafty windows which cause heat loss in your house is a great way to reduce your energy bills and improve the EPC rating of your property.
- Increase the value of your home - not only will a new set of windows improve the energy efficiency of a property it will also improve its appearance. In turn that can increase the value of your home. According to thisismoney.co.uk, new double-glazed window could add up to 10% on the value of a home.
- Improved security - New windows come with modern technology enhancements, such as improved security options. Including the option to purchase windows accredited by the Secure by Design scheme, which have been manufactured and tested for enhanced security features which are effective at making it more difficult for a burglar to break into your home.
What to look for in your replacement windows?
Choosing the right style for your replacement windows can be difficult. You should consider:
- The age or period of the property - will you new windows complement the style of your property?
- The style of windows on neighbouring property - again in order to remain in keeping with the area it can be good to take inspiration from your neigbours.
- Whether you live in a conversation area or have a listed property - this may determine the style and product type you should choose.
Luckily JELD-WEN has a wide range of timber replacement windows that will be perfect for any propety type.
Do you need a replacement window part?
You may not need to replace your old window you may just be looking for a spare handle or seal, you can find all our replacement parts on our Replacement Part Webshop