JELD-WEN and its group of Companies (“JELD-WEN”) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe business experience.
If you are in the European Union, the respective JELD-WEN subsidiary or affiliate that manages the website will be the data controller or data processor responsible for the collection, processing and use of your personal information, including Cookies. JELD-WEN Europe Limited is the Representative Controller of JELD-WEN in Europe. The Information Commissioners Office (The ICO) in the United Kingdom is JELD-WEN’s nominated Leading Supervisory Authority in Europe.
1. Scope & Purpose
2. What are Cookies?
When you use our site we will store Cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our site. Our Cookies store randomly assigned user identification numbers, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to our site. The Cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure site. You are always free to decline our Cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly in that case.
We also use “Flash Cookies”. These are a type of Cookies which is collected via Adobe Flash media player – a piece of software which you probably have on your computer to help you watch online videos and listen to podcasts. Have a look at Adobe's website if you want to control Flash Cookies on your computer. If you use the Firefox browser, you can also get an add-on to detect and delete Flash Cookies.
Visitors to our sites use different web browsers and different computers. To make your visits as easy as possible with the technology you use, we automatically keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac) used by a visitor, and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. We also track the total number of visitors to our site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve our sites. This data tells us if more visitors prefer certain features or areas to others, which helps us keep our site fresh and interesting to the majority of our visitors.
We use Cookie technology and IP addresses to obtain information from online visitors, and also to provide registered visitors with the best possible personalised online experience.
Cookie technology helps us deliver content tailored to a visitor’s interests, and allows us to make ordering products and offering other functions at our sites easier for our visitors. Where appropriate under our disclosed practices and policies, we may associate personal information with a Cookie file in such instances.
5. What third party technologies we use?
We work with third party companies in maintaining and improving our websites. We ensure that any company which works with us and collects personal data complies with strict data protection standards. Here are some examples:
We use Google Analytics to better understand how our customers navigate to and through our websites, how long users spend visiting our content items and how often they return to visit our websites. Google Analytics also helps us track the effectiveness of the money we spend on our digital marketing campaigns.
JQuery & JQuery UI | About
We use JQuery and JQueryUI to control appearance of the site and also provide you a means to control the Cookies we use.
6. What are the categories of Cookies used by us?
The Cookies used by us are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for Cookie categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, and Targeting.
'Strictly Necessary' Cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These Cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet. We use these Strictly Necessary Cookies to:
- Remember things like information you've entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session
- Identify you as being logged in to a JELD-WEN website
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' Cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
- 'Performance' Cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These Cookies do not collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use Performance Cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- See how effective our adverts are (we don't use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites)
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Cookies we have defined as 'Performance' Cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
- Target adverts to you on any other website
'Functionality' Cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use 'Functionality' Cookies to:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill out a survey
- Show you when you're logged in to our site
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our site. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose
Cookies defined as 'Functionality' will NOT be used to
- Target you with adverts on other websites
- 'Targeting' Cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use 'Targeting' Cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
7. What are web beacons and how do we use them?
Some of our Web pages and e-mail updates may contain electronic images called Web beacons, sometimes known as one pixel GIFs, clear GIFs or pixel tags. On sites, these allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages. In promotional e-mail messages/newsletters, they allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. Web beacons allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our consumers for the purpose of providing more personalised content. They are not used to access your personal information without your consent.
8. How can you opt-out of Cookies?
Setting your browser to reject Cookies
If you don't want Cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a Cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your Cookies.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit the relevant browser support website which will contain comprehensive information on how to do this for their browser. You will also find details on how to delete Cookies from your computer as well as more general information about Cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting Cookies may impact on the functionality of JELD-WEN websites or applications.
9. How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Disclosures?
We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
10. Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please visit this page periodically and review this Policy for changes. Your continued use of our websites, applications or services following the posting of changes will mean that you accept the changed terms.
11. How can you contact us?
You can also send your questions via normal post to the local JELD-WEN subsidiary, as per the ‘Contact Us’ page.
12. Controlling language.
If there is any conflict between the English version of this Policy and a version translated in another language, the English version controls.
13. Version Control
This Policy has been reviewed and Last Updated: 26 April 2018.