What planning permission do I need when buying windows?

Prior to buying any window you should check with your local planning authority if any approval is required i.e. if you live in a conservation area.

The installation of new or replacement windows needs to be carried out by a competent certified tradesman i.e. a FENSA or CERTAS installer or it should be signed off by building control. You will require evidence that you have done this when you come to sell your home.

Share this with a friend