In the last 20 years, developments in manufacturing processes has closed the performance gap between manmade materials and timber and it now offers a competitive, stylish and effective alternative to uPVC.
Timber windows and doors exude an air of refined sophistication that cannot be replicated by uPVC. They won't fade or discolour and can be updated easily with a fresh coat of paint or stain.
They also offer subtle design features that create a traditional or contemporary quality feel, helping new fittings blend into an old home or adding a touch of luxury to a modern building.
You can make timber windows your own by:
- Choosing from multiple timbers and glazing options. Windows also have a choice of various bar designs and colour finishes
- Selecting from our range of ironmongery and hinges that make window cleaning and operation easier, whilst still providing good ventilation
- Opting for our designer range that includes windows in virtually any shape or size.
Timber is a naturally insulating material, offering increased thermal efficiency over uPVC. Our softwood and hardwood windows are available with double or triple glazing and are available in a wide range of factory glazed options to save energy or deaden sound.
JELD-WEN's products work for you:
- We are approved by the British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC), which runs the national system for grading energy efficient windows and doorsets
- Our timber windows offer energy rated options from A+ to B
- We also offer composite doors which can be up to six times more energy efficient than other materials.
Timber windows and doors are much easier to repair than uPVC, should they become damaged or scratched, and with the right care our windows will last 60-80 years, compared to just 35 years for uPVC.
To ensure our products stand the test of time, they are protected against rot and fungal decay during the manufacturing process. In fact we have such confidence in their durability that all our external products come with a 40 year guarantee against rot and fungal attack as standard.
JELD-WEN gives you peace of mind:
- We are a leading member of the Wood Window Alliance, which promotes the long term value of timber windows
- We offer a 10-year guarantee against paint or glazing failure and manufacturing defects when you choose a fully finished product from us
- Timber is a sustainable and biodegradable material
- Timber is the only truly sustainable building material, emitting less CO2 in the manufacturing process than its manmade rivals. Unlike uPVC, it is carbon neutral, fully recyclable and biodegradable. You would save approximately three-quarters of a tonne of CO2e per average house over the lifetime of your JELD-WEN timber windows compared to plastic.
We source wood from Chain of Custody forests that have been independently verified against worldwide standards, and we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously:
- JELD-WEN factories comply with Chain of Custody procedures
- Our windows are included in the British Woodworking Federation's Timber Window Accreditation Scheme
- Our windows were given an A+ rating by the British Research Establishment, for compliance with The Code for Sustainable Homes.
All JELD-WEN windows and doors are tested for mechanical strength, but if security is an issue for you, we have ranges that are approved by the Police-preferred scheme, Secured by Design. They feature:
- Multi-point espagnolette locking
- Optional toughened or laminated glass
- A wider choice.
Take your time choosing your windows and doors. Explore the options available and talk to industry experts to find the right product and finish for you.
You can view our full range of timber windows here.