Unsure whether to install fire doors into your home? We give you 5 reasons why they make a great addition to any home.
1) In some case it is a legal requirement
If your home or project includes any of the following you must install fire doors in order to ensure safe passage through the house in case of emergency:
- If you have a door leading from a garage to the main house in a two-storey build.
- If you are building or renovating a home with three or more storeys (including loft conversions).
- If you have a loft conversion all doors within your home must be fire doors. Building regulations state that you need to create a safe corridor from the loft to the external door, ensuring that if there was a fire anywhere in the house those in the loft conversion can make a safe exit.
2) Give yourself peace of mind
Installing fire doors can help protect your family in case of emergency. Allowing you to sleep a little easier knowing that in the event of a fire in your home our fire doors will resist the spread of flames for a least 30 minutes, providing you time for a safe means of escape.
It is also very important to remember that for this reason all fire doors in your home must be closed in order to work effectively.
3) They prevent the spread of fire AND smoke
In most cases, the biggest cause of indoor fire fatalities is smoke not fire. When installed correctly and fitted with suitable intumescent and smoke seals, our fire doors prevent the spread of smoke AND fire throughout the home.
4) There's no need to change your exisitng door frame
Our fire doors are available in a wide range of thickness options, including a 35mm fire door. These can be easily installed into most residential properties' existing frames making it hassle free to increase the safety of your home.
5) You don't have to compromise on style
JELD-WEN UK have a wide array for fire doors available in a range of designs, colours and finishes. So, whatever your home decor taste we have a suitable fire door to suit you.
View the full fire door product range here.